Who wouldn’t want full gorgeous lips and a youthful natural blush of color? After a lip treatment at Face Naked you never have to worry about smearing lipstick on your teeth, color bleeding past the edges of your mouth during dinner or reapplying that lip tint just to maintain some color. Instead you can be confident that your lips will always be on point and that your color will not wear off.
Treatment will begin with a consultation regarding the shape and color of your choice. We recommend bringing your everyday lipstick with you to ensure that we match a color you are most comfortable with.
Preparing For Your Procedure Appointment
• You should allow at least 3 hours for your initial procedure.
• If you remove facial hair around your lips by tweezing, shaving, threading, or waxing, that should be done a few days before your appointment.
• Electrolysis or laser hair removal should be completed 5 to 7 days before.
• Taking an anti-viral medication is recommended, especially if you have a history of Chicken Pox or cold sores.
• You should also bring your favorite color lipstick or lip pencil for color matching.
• If there are any bumps, blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles, bruises or other skin imperfections in or around the procedure site, Face Naked Studio technician will reschedule your procedure until the area/s of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed.
During Your Permanent Lip Color Procedure
*Prior and/or during your procedure you will be required to fill out forms/waiver (unless you completed it when booked your appointment online) including a medical history that our trained semi-permanent make-up artist will review.
She will evaluate the shape of your face and lips including their symmetry and fullness. She will discuss techniques and colors with you. After the best design and color have been determined, a topical anesthetic will be applied to numb your lips. The final pattern will then be drawn and approved by you as the template our master will follow during your procedure. She will continue to apply anesthetics during the process to keep you comfortable. Before and after photos will also be taken for your confidential file with your colors recorded for future references. Before and after photos will also be taken for your file with your colors recorded for future reference. Please note, only the client will be allowed in the treatment room.
* If there are any bumps, blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles, bruises or other skin imperfections in or around the procedure site , Face Naked Studio technician will reschedule your procedure until the area/s of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed.
After Your Permanent Lip Color Procedure
• Your lips will be temporarily swollen right after your procedure.
• They will be tender and may have some minor bruising in some places that will go away in a few days.
• Your lip color will be brighter and darker than what you want. It will lighten a lot after your lips peel (about 3 to 6 days post procedure).
• The color will continue to soften and stabilize over the next 4-6 weeks.
• Your lips will be bright and slightly larger than normal (from swelling) during the first week of healing, so you should keep this in mind when scheduling your procedure.
• To minimize any chance of infection or allergic reaction at home, our trained semi-permanent make-up artist will give you detailed after care instructions.
• While eating, do not constantly wipe your lips with a napkin or keep licking you lips as this will impede the healing process.
• DO NOT PICK dry healing tissue! You will remove the pigment color.
• Drink through a straw for the first few days.
• Do not eat citrus fruits and juices, greasy, salty, oily or spicy foods until your lips are completely healed.
• Be careful when brushing your teeth. Toothpaste may pull the pigment out of the lip vermilion. Also, do not bleach your teeth while your lips are healing.
• Replace any existing lip products with new ones. Also, using products with Lidocain in them will help to sooth the chapped feeling.
• Apply a very thin layer of the ointment provided to you by your technician morning and night.
• Keep lips well lubricated for at least 2 weeks post procedure.
• After the initial healing period, apply a total sun block that is waterproof 3-4 times daily to prevent fading.
• No Smoking while your lips are healing!
• Treat your lips gently and with care. No kissing, rubbing or friction until the area is totally healed.
• Clients need to follow all after care instruction for maximum results of their procedures.
• Gently use a cold cloth to pat away any excess lymph (fluid) from the procedure area immediately, before and after you to go bed, and upon rising in the morning.
• Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection during the healing process.
• Do not apply make-up on procedure area, tinting of lashes or brows, sun, soap, sauna, steam exercise, hot yoga, Jacuzzi, swimming in chorine pools or in the ocean for 10 days post procedure.
• Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing, pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue.
• Sleep on a clean satin pillowcase while the procedure area is healing
• If you have any questions, please notify your technician immediately
• Remember all procedures must heal, peel, and fade. This process can take up to 10 days.
• The color will look much darker for the first 10 days
• You may use ice packs to relieve swelling.
• Absolutely no direct sun or tanning prior or after, for at least 3 weeks.
• Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after procedure.
• Avoid extreme exercise (sweating) immediately after the procedure. Sweat will fade the pigments prematurely.
How Permanent Lipliner & Color Can Help You
Permanent lip liner and color can improve the appearance of lips for women and men. Lip procedures can either enhance the beauty of well-shaped lips or re-shape lips. It helps lips appear more defined without surgery or fillers and restores color to lips that are too pale. Permanent lip liner eliminates the daily use of pencils to outline, fill-in, or reshape lip borders. Permanent lip color is the solution to de-emphasizing age lines around the lips and preventing lipstick from “bleeding” into surrounding areas. Lip tattooing helps correct and balance the symmetry of lips that are uneven, too thin, too thick, or scarred. It can also enhance the natural color and shape of “perfect” lips.