Lips are an important beauty feature of the mouth. They form a smile and show emotions. They help “frame” a person’s teeth and determine attractiveness. When lips are well shaped and balanced, they align with the center of a person’s face and have even sides. The upper lip and lower lip should match and should be equally proportioned. Lip liner can be applied very lightly for a soft, natural look or heavily for a dramatic look. Although most women prefer a more natural lip shade, I am able to custom-blend my pigments to match your favorite lipliner, please bring that as well. Perfect for everyone whether you want a subtle brightening effect to lips, create fuller lips or correct asymmetrical lips/ color.
Preparing For Your Procedure Appointment
• You should allow at least 3 hours for your initial procedure.
• If you remove facial hair around your lips by tweezing, shaving, threading, or waxing, that should be done a few days before your appointment.
• Electrolysis or laser hair removal should be completed 5 to 7 days before.
• Taking an anti-viral medication is recommended, especially if you have a history of Chicken Pox or cold sores.
• You should also bring your favorite color lipstick or lip pencil for color matching.
• Please note, only the client will be allowed in the treatment room.
• If there are any bumps, blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles, bruises or other skin imperfections in or around the procedure site , Face Naked Studio technician will reschedule your procedure until the area/s of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed.
During Your Permanent Lip Color Procedure
*Prior and/or during your procedure you will be required to fill out forms/waiver (unless you completed it when booked your appointment online) including a medical history that our trained semi-permanent make-up artist will review.
She will evaluate the shape of your face and lips including their symmetry and fullness. She will discuss techniques and colors with you. After the best design and color have been determined, a topical anesthetic will be applied to numb your lips. The final pattern will then be drawn and approved by you as the template our master will follow during your procedure. She will continue to apply anesthetics during the process to keep you comfortable. Before and after photos will also be taken for your confidential file with your colors recorded for future references. Before and after photos will also be taken for your file with your colors recorded for future reference. Please note, only the client will be allowed in the treatment room.
* If there are any bumps, blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles, bruises or other skin imperfections in or around the procedure site, Face Naked Studio technician will reschedule your procedure until the area/s of concern are completely healed or the mole is removed and healed.
After Your Permanent Lip Liner Procedure
• Your lips will be temporarily swollen right after your procedure.
• They will be tender and may have some minor bruising in some places that will go away in a few days.
• Your lip color will be brighter and darker than what you want. It will lighten a lot after your lips peel (about 3 to 6 days post procedure).
• The color will continue to soften and stabilize over the next 4-6 weeks.
• Your lips will be bright and slightly larger than normal (from swelling) during the first week of healing, so you should keep this in mind when scheduling your procedure.
• To minimize any chance of infection or allergic reaction at home, our trained semi-permanent make-up artist will give you detailed after care instructions.
• While eating, do not constantly wipe your lips with a napkin or keep licking you lips as this will impede the healing process.
• DO NOT PICK dry healing tissue! You will remove the pigment color.
• Drink through a straw for the first few days.
• Do not eat citrus fruits and juices, greasy, salty, oily or spicy foods until your lips are completely healed.
• Be careful when brushing your teeth. Toothpaste may pull the pigment out of the lip vermilion. Also, do not bleach your teeth while your lips are healing.
• Replace any existing lip products with new ones. Also, using products with Lidocain in them will help to sooth the chapped feeling.
• Apply a very thin layer of the ointment provided to you by your technician morning and night.
• Keep lips well lubricated for at least 2 weeks post procedure.
• After the initial healing period, apply a total sun block that is waterproof 3-4 times daily to prevent fading.
• No Smoking while your lips are healing!