OMBRE (POWERED BROW)
Powder brows are meant to create a powder look much like topical powder make up. They are not for creating hair strokes at all and are best for clients that want a more solid looking brow or have brows but want a base color. Solid brows are similar but usually have more density to create that “pin up” look or “vintage” look.A soft, misty, powder filled brow similar to the look of makeup meaning the tails of the brow are darker, and fade into a light start to the brow, giving it a very subtle look. It’s personally, my favorite style! Over time, pigment fades leaving the skin and your natural brows behind – lighter at the bulb (front) of the brow and going darker towards the tail.
Anyone who fills in their brows with makeup and has hair. Note, if the brow is thinner, artists can add hairstrokes after to add additional texture.
- Drugs/ Alcohol;
- Allergies (nickel, anesthetics, latex, iron oxide);
- Retain A within last 2 weeks;
- Heart / blood problems;
- Prolonged bleeding;
- Low/ high blood pressure;
- Old permanent makeup in eyebrows are. Only if the old permanent makeup is faded.
- Liver disease;
- Cancer in the past 6 months;
- Chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Local infection
- Skin conditions in the area of application (local dermatitis, bruising, skin ulcers etc)
- Infections bacterial, fungal or viral
- Chemical or laser peel within 6 weeks;
- AHA preparations in the past 2 weeks;
- All types injections (1 month before and after treatment);
- Hypertrophic scars;
- Keloid scars;
- Moles in brows area;
- Birthmarks in brows area;
- Healing problems;
- Severe acne,
- Minor skin conditions in brow area;
- Serious heart disorders,
- Blood infections;
- Waxing in brows area;
- Autoimmune disease;
- Using Accutane or other retinoids past 6 months;
- The area is already damaged or the irritations are visible.
Before The Procedure :
- Do not drink alcohol, coffee, strong tea, blood thinning medicines at least one day before the treatment ;
- Do not eat heavy and spicy food on the day of treatment;
- Do not use soliarium and do not sunbath at least 7 days before the treatment;
- Do not perform mesotherapy, biorevitalisation, acid facial peeling, facial cleansers, facial laser hair removal, laser removal of capillaries at least 1 month before the treatment;
- Do not tint eyebrows and come as possible as natural look (no waxing recommended to see full shape; also avoid skin irritation);
- Do not take Aspirin, Vitamin E, Niacin, Ibuprofen 1 day before the treatment;
- If you got botox injections, you should wait at least 1 month before the treatment;
- Make sure you checked all CONTRAINDICATIONS list in previous section.
- Make sure your hands are washed and sanitized
- 1st DAY: for the first day gently clean the area using distilled water and cotton pad when you see lymph (body fluid) going out of the brow area. Otherwise, the big scab will form and you will loose a lot of pigment when it is falling down. In the end of the day apply thin layer of Baltic Brows® aftercare ointment.
- 2nd -10th DAYS: After first day don’t use any water but only given to you aftercare (THIN LAYER) 2 times in a day (morning and evening) for 10 days until scabs start to fall off.
- Each time wash hands before and after application and use a clean cotton to avoid infection. If a crust appears on the pigmented surface do not force the removal by picking, scratching or washing! Pigment may be removed along with the crust!
- Use a gentle face cleanser but avoid the treatment areas.
- Shower with your back to the water to avoid water, shampoo and conditioner from getting into the pigmented areas
- Avoid for 10 days: Soaps; Facial cleansers; Washing pigmented area; Chlorine pools; Retin-A on pigmented areas; Makeup on pigmented area for 10 days, including non-allergenic; Hot, steamy, long showers; Sun on pigmented areas; Jacuzzi or saunas; Gym.
The result of the treatment is determined by the following: medication, skin characteristics (dry, oily, sun-damaged, thick or thin skin type), Personal pH balance of your skin, alcohol intake and smoking, post procedure aftercare. Upon completion of the procedure there may be swelling and redness of the skin, which will subside within 1-4 days depending organism. Immediately after the procedure the enhancement can be 30 to 50% darker than the desired result and it can take between 4-10 days to lighten. The true color will be visible 1 month after each application, and the color may vary according to skin tones, skin type, age and skin conditions. Some skins accept color more readily than others and no guarantee of an exact effect or color can be given.
It is very important to wipe the pigmented area with sterile water, cotton pad and then apply thin layer of ointment on the first day if the lymph appears. The reason is to remove the lymph otherwise your eyebrows will be covered with big scabs. If the client follows the aftercare, she/he will get small scabs – thin layer of crust that will be peeling of itself. It is very important not to scratch eyebrows (client can feel itching) as you can easily loose the pigment together with scratching. If this happen, mostly there is no pigment left and skin can be white or even reddish because of irritation. The irritation will disappear within a few days. Sometimes the client can see redness the same day after the treatment. This is also normal and it disappears in the next few days.
The touch up is recommended between 4 to 6 weeks. During the touch up, the client can add more strokes (some can disappear during healing), choose warmer/darker color, correct the shape.